03 May Simple Handmade Mother’s Day Popup Card Tutorial
For Mother's day, do something special for your mother by making her a Mother's day popup card. Yes, it's sometimes easier to just go to supermarket and buy a generic Mother's day card, but IT'S YOUR MOTHER! This time, give her something she can truly appreciate. Here's a simple card that she's sure to love. I made 2 versions of this Mother's day popup card. The first one says “MOM” with hearts on both sides. In the second version, I've replaced “MOM” with “MUM” for all of you in the UK or who call your mother mum instead. The version I made is pink but this card looks great in red or in whatever your mother's favorite color is. This is a great card to make for your mother's birthday also.
It's pretty easy to make and only requires 3 pieces of paper. Here are video instructions on how to make this Mother's day popup card.
Mother's Day Popup Card Tutorial
For those of you who would prefer written instructions, here are step by step instructions below:
- Print out the templates for both the “MOM” and “MUM” versions here: Simple Mother's Day Pop Up Card Template
- Use the templates to cut out the pieces from each page. I cut out the letters and backing using a pink colored card stock. I cut out the inside of the card using a white piece of card stock.
- Fold the lettering piece in half and insert the tabs into the slots in the white inside card. Then fold the tabs over away from the center line. You can tape the tabs down if you want it to be more secure.
- Insert the corners of the white inside card into the heart corners of the outside card.
- Fold the entire card in half carefully down the center.
You an decorate the outside of the card with additional hearts or with whatever you can think of. There is plenty of space in the inside to write a heart felt message. I hope you liked this simple pop up card design. Let me know what you think in the comments below.