18 Oct Scary Bat Halloween Pop Up Card Tutorial
Boo! Hey everyone! Halloween is just around the corner. Is anyone going to a Halloween party? Is anyone throwing a Halloween party? If you are, here's a great popup card you can make as a Halloween party invitation. This can also be a great craft activity to do with your kids. This card is a pop-up bat and looks like this:
You can get a better look at the card in this video:
I contemplated making a happy cute bat, but I ended up making a more scary one. I liked the way it turned out because the mouth and tummy make it look more three dimensional. The card is pretty easy to make. Here is a tutorial showing how to make this card:
I've also written some simple instructions on how to make the card:
2. Cut out all the parts (bat, inside card, outside card) from your choice of colored card stock. The bat should be black, the inside card can be white or orange, and the outside card can be black. Click here for instructions on how to cut out the pieces using the template. Make sure you score all of the dotted lines in the bat and down the center of the inside and outside card.
3. Fold the bat in half. Then reverse the fold of the mouth and tummy.
4. Fold the inside card in half and insert the tabs on the bat feet into the angled slots. Make sure that the slots angle outwards toward the front of the card. Fold the tabs on the bat feet. Make sure not to pull the feed through the slots too far. Fold the inside card in half to make sure that the bat folds flat and pops up as desired. Adjust the feet as necessary.
5. Tape the tabs down on the back of the inside card.
6. Insert the corners of the inside card into the corners “bat” slots of the outside card. If cutting the bats at each corner is too tedious, then you can cut a simple slot all the way across from one bat tip to the other. Fold the card down the center.
If you want to purchase the template, please click below.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Please let me know what you think of this card in the comments below! Have a happy and safe Halloween!