08 Feb Kiss In Paradise Pop Up Card Tutorial
Valentine's day is just around the corner and I wanted to share my latest pop up card tutorial. Have you ever wanted to just get away, and take someone to a tropical island where you can forget everything and just relax? I'm sure we all feel this way, especially if you're getting covered in a few feet of snow. Not all of us can drop everything and take a trip on a whim, but you can give that special someone a tiny bit of that feeling with a pop up card. This card is very similar to the Kissing Couple's pop up card I made several years ago. As you open the card, a couple kisses in the center of a ring of palm trees, while floating on a paradise island far far away from the day to day hectic life. At the bottom, the card reads, “Kiss Me In Paradise.” Here is what the card looks like:
Here is a video of the card in action.
I originally designed this card as a thank you card for my cousin Ken's wedding who got married last year. They had their wedding in Hawaii, on the island of Kauai. The island in the pop up card is actually an outline of Kauai. Their wedding colors were different shades of purple and lilac. Here is what their card looked like.
My cousin is from Boston, so I included some “Easter eggs” in the card which included some Boston sports logos hidden around the card. You can see the hidden Patriot's logo under the island. As you can imagine, he was very happy this year.
Here's another version of the card where the people and background are white. You can change the look and feel of the card by changing the colors of all the pieces.
This is a very easy card to make, once you cut out all the pieces. Here is a video tutorial on how to make the Kiss in paradise pop up card.
For those of you who don’t want to watch the video, here is an abridged version of the instructions that is pinnable on Pintrest.
If you prefer to read detailed instructions on how to make this pop up card, then follow these steps below:
- Purchase and download the template from the template store: Kiss in Paradise Pop Up Card Template. Print out the template. Use the template to cut out all the parts out of card stock. Here is a tutorial on how to use templates. Align the slots of the island silhouette with the slots in the inside “ocean” card as shown in image 1.
- Fold the “boy” and “girl” at the dotted lines and insert the bottom tabs into the slots in the island and inside card as shown in image 2 above.
- Fold the ring of palm trees at the dotted lines. You will want to position the heart and largest trees behind the couple. Insert the tab with the largest trees into the slot behind the couple as shown in image 3.
- Insert the tab with the hammock in to the slot in front of the couple as shown in image 4
- Insert the last tab with the heart in the same slot as the largest tree behind the couple as shown in image 5.
- Insert the card assembly into the outside card corner flowers, as shown in image 6. Be sure all of the corners are fully cut out. Then fold the entire card to make sure it folds flat. Finally, glue in any text or extra flower decorations.