21 Apr Free Mother’s day Pop Up Card Template and Tutorial
Mother's day is coming up and I decided to create a tutorial for making an easy pop up card that is simple enough for kids to make. Well, it's easy enough for someone who can cut out a pattern with scissors, so maybe not really young kids. This card opens up 180 degrees and says “I ♥ MOM” in the center and has 2 flowers on the side. The template for this card is free and can be found here: Free Simple Mother's Day Pop Up Card. Here is what the card looks like:
Here is a video with instructions on how to make this card:
If you don't want to watch the video, you can read these instructions below.
Please Subscribe to get the Simple Mother's Day Pop Up Card Template for FREE!
Once you confirm your email, you will receive an email with a link to the template.
- Use the template to cut out out of the part from colored card stock. You can use these tips for using templates.
- You can use a repositionable glue like Elmur's repositionable glue stick. It's not good to hang posters, but works well to glue templates to cardstock.
- Cut out the card first. Align the corner of the template to the corner of the card stock so you only need to make 2 cuts.
- Then, cut out the “I” and “MOM” out from another colored cardstock. I used pink. You may be able to use colored paper instead. After you stick the template on the card, fold the card in half in the middle of the letters. This will allow you to cut the entire part out with scissors. Start cutting from the bottom of the text first, then cut the top (where the crease is).
- Fold the tabs on the bottom of the text inwards.
- Glue the text to the middle of the card, aligning the edge of the tab to the center crease of the card. You can use a standard glue stick here. You may want to align the text first before gluing the pieces down.
- Apply glue to the tabs on the other side. The glue will be facing up. Then fold the card, and this will attach the second tabs to the other side of the card. Gluing the parts in this order will also make sure that the card folds flat. Open the card to make sure the tabs are securely glued to the card.
- Cut out the heart. I used a red piece of cardstock. Glue the heart to the “M”. Only put enough glue at the corner of the heart. If you put to much glue, it will stick to the card when you close it. Make sure there isn't any excess glue exposed.
- Cut out the flowers and the center circles in the flowers. Glue the flowers on the inside of the card.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Please come back for more tutorials and templates for making pop up cards.