21 Apr Free Mother’s day Pop Up Card Template and Tutorial
Mother's day is coming up and I decided to create a tutorial for making an easy pop up card that is simple enough for kids to make. Well, it's easy enough for someone who can cut out a pattern with scissors, so maybe not really young kids. This card opens up 180 degrees and says “I ♥ MOM” in the center and has 2 flowers on the side. The template for this card is free and can be found here: Free Simple Mother's Day Pop Up Card. Here is what the card looks like:
Here is a video with instructions on how to make this card:
If you don't want to watch the video, you can read these instructions below.
Please Subscribe to get the Simple Mother's Day Pop Up Card Template for FREE!
Once you confirm your email, you will receive an email with a link to the template.
- Use the template to cut out out of the part from colored card stock. You can use these tips for using templates.
- You can use a repositionable glue like Elmur's repositionable glue stick. It's not good to hang posters, but works well to glue templates to cardstock.
- Cut out the card first. Align the corner of the template to the corner of the card stock so you only need to make 2 cuts.
- Then, cut out the “I” and “MOM” out from another colored cardstock. I used pink. You may be able to use colored paper instead. After you stick the template on the card, fold the card in half in the middle of the letters. This will allow you to cut the entire part out with scissors. Start cutting from the bottom of the text first, then cut the top (where the crease is).
- Fold the tabs on the bottom of the text inwards.
- Glue the text to the middle of the card, aligning the edge of the tab to the center crease of the card. You can use a standard glue stick here. You may want to align the text first before gluing the pieces down.
- Apply glue to the tabs on the other side. The glue will be facing up. Then fold the card, and this will attach the second tabs to the other side of the card. Gluing the parts in this order will also make sure that the card folds flat. Open the card to make sure the tabs are securely glued to the card.
- Cut out the heart. I used a red piece of cardstock. Glue the heart to the “M”. Only put enough glue at the corner of the heart. If you put to much glue, it will stick to the card when you close it. Make sure there isn't any excess glue exposed.
- Cut out the flowers and the center circles in the flowers. Glue the flowers on the inside of the card.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Please come back for more tutorials and templates for making pop up cards.
gail szewczykPosted at 04:22h, 22 April
lots of fun!!!!!!!!!! making it with great grand girls
Edward OlsonPosted at 05:28h, 22 April
Another wonderful design, once more an easy pop up card that your children can do without needing a lot of supplies. Thanks for remembering me with your pop-ups, have a wonderful summer Rich. the best to you and your family,
Alexandra CoelhoPosted at 07:46h, 22 April
Thanks for your lovely cards and tutorials. Obrigada pelos teus cartões lindos e pelos teus tutoriais.
millie fernandezPosted at 09:06h, 22 April
Hi’a very nice card but it would be a good thing if I can get it to down load the template, can any one help me do that? Thank you. Millie
Gina DuncanPosted at 09:16h, 22 April
Amo hacer tarjetas pop up, gracia por enseñarme . I love making cards pop up, show me grace
Jeanette BlockPosted at 12:14h, 22 April
Thank you very much for sharing this charming pop up card
AngiePosted at 06:00h, 23 April
Where is the template. Have tried to download it but can’t. Can you tell me how? Thank you. Angie
Creative RichPosted at 08:56h, 23 April
In order to download the template, you have to follow these steps:
1. Add the template to your cart
2. Click on “Checkout”
3. Check the “Accept Terms and Conditions”
4. Click on “Confirm”
5. Click on “Accounts page” or “My Account & Downloads” in the store
In the middle of the page, you will see “My Downloads.”
Click on your template or right click and save the file to your local computer.
VenuscatPosted at 22:00h, 23 April
Thank you so much for this lovely card, have a wonderful summer 🙂
Life is beautiful & so are you,
FerlynPosted at 05:22h, 27 June
Hello there! You know I’ve been inspired to make a card like this because of you! ^_^ Just by watching you making this, I made mine too! You can check it out here:
Thanks a lot! ^_^ I owe a lot to you.. I just made some changes and made it the way I wanted it to be 😀 I’m not good in handstrokes/letterings.. :)) thanks!
FerlynPosted at 05:25h, 27 June
oh i post it in the wrong section 🙁 sorry! BTW, the pictures above is for the valentines twist card 🙂
Creative RichPosted at 09:10h, 27 June
Hi Ferlyn! I love the outside of your card. It’s beautiful!
lisaPosted at 03:28h, 09 August
lovely card any mom could like this card…….
lisaPosted at 03:29h, 09 August
cool card i love it. It’s soooo cute ……
SehajpreetPosted at 12:14h, 11 May
Umm how do u GET THE TEMPLATE?
Creative RichPosted at 23:37h, 11 May
Hi Sehajpreet, If you subscribe to my website, you can get this template for free. You will be emailed a link to the free template.
gagoPosted at 15:24h, 06 April
thanks very much
KaniPosted at 23:58h, 08 May
I like t card
nourisaPosted at 04:42h, 09 May
awsome and pretty card. this is an amazing website that helps you to get top card ideas
CreativeRichPosted at 15:55h, 10 May
shambhi saxenaPosted at 03:06h, 11 May
i just loveeeeeee ur pop up card as my mother is very impressed
CreativeRichPosted at 09:08h, 11 May
Thanks Shambhi! I’m glad your mom liked it.
shambhi saxenaPosted at 03:07h, 11 May
i just loveeeeeee ur card
carmenPosted at 07:34h, 16 April
Beauty, simple, elegant …i want to make this card
Maggie BrimmePosted at 22:04h, 25 April
This will be a first of many more that I will have the grandkids do