20 Sep Birthday Pop Up Card: Simple Cake Version 1 Tutorial and Template
Here is the tutorial for the simple birthday cake pop up card. These instructions will show you how to make the popup card with just scissors and glue. Like the cupcake card, I made 2 versions of this card, one that can be made with just scissors and glue, and another one that is more detailed and would require an X-acto knife or cutting machine. This card can be embellished with other decorations such as stamps, patterned paper, beads, glitter or anything else that you can think of. Here is a picture of the simple birthday cake pop-up card.
Here is a video of the card in action:
The instructions for making this card are shown in this video:
Here is the step by step tutorial for the card:
- Download the template for this card here: Simple Birthday Cake Pop Up Card Template Version 1.
- Fold a piece of card stock in half. This piece will be used for the cake. You may want to score the fold first.
- Print out the template and then roughly cut out the template for the cake and fold it down the center as indicated.
- Tape the template to the folded piece of card stock.
- Cut out the cake making sure the template does not shift relative to the card stock.
- Fold the cake along the lines as indicated on the template. Fold the top section of the cake away from the center fold. Fold the bottom of the cake toward the center fold of the card.
- Cut out the backing to the card from an 8.5″x11″ piece of card stock. Cut the length down to 6″ from 11″. You will now have a piece that is 8.5″x6″.
- Fold the card backing in half along the 8.5″ side, therefore making the card 4.25″x6″.
- Glue the cake section to the center of the card backing. Only glue one side of the bottom section below the cake.
- Glue the top section of the cake halves together, with the candles.
- Here's a tip, cut the bottom of the cake section that is folded.
- Apply glue to the other side of the bottom section below the cake.
- Fold the card flat to glue the section to the other side of the card.
- Glue the extra clip art to the front of the card.
I hope you enjoyed making this card. I'll post a tutorial on the other version of the simple birthday cake pop up card next.