Here is the tutorial on making the Valentine’s Day Kissing Couple Pop Up Card:
- Purchase the template for this design here: Valentine’s Day Pop Up Card: Kissing Couple.
- Print out the template. Use the template to cut the parts out of card stock.
- Cut out the backing of the card using the second page of the template. Transfer the alignment marks from the template to your card. You can either use a knife to cut through the template and partially through the card, or you can use a pen to create an indentation into the card.
- Turn the card over and score the center fold line.
- Cut out the rest of the card pieces from red cardstock.
- Fold the scored lines on the ring of hearts, and then glue the end together.
- Fold the base of the man and the woman. The triangular tabs will be where you will apply the glue.
- Glue one of the tabs on each of the man and woman to the card backing. The crease from the tab should be aligned to the angled lines on the card backing.
- Apply glue to the other tab on the man and woman, and close the card.
- Before the glue dries, make sure that the couples are aligned correctly. You may need to make some minor adjustments to make sure the couples touch each other. You may want to assemble the couple using test parts so that you can practice aligning the couple together.
- Next, glue the heart ring to the card backing. Make sure that the larger stack of hearts is toward the back of the couple. Glue one set of tabs, aligning the crease with the alignment mark on the card backing.
- Apply glue to the other set of tabs on the heart ring and close the card. The heart ring should be aligned.
Finally, glue the loose hearts around the ring of hearts, alternating solid hearts and hollow hearts.