Here is the tutorial on making the Valentine’s Day Spiral Heart Pop Up Card:
- Purchase the template for this design here: Valentine’s Day Pop Up Card: Spiral Heart.
- Print out the template.
- Cut the 2 spiral heart templates out and tape them to some cardstock.
- Chose 2 initials for the inside of the heart, and attach those templates to some cardstock.
- Using the templates, cut the pieces out starting from the center first.
- Cut a piece of backing cardstock 8.5″ x 6.25″.
- Score center crease at 4.25″ through the length.
- Attach spirals together using the opposing slits in the center of the spiral.
- Tape parts to your card backing to see how it opens.
- Make sure that the left heart spirals clockwise and the right heart spirals counter clockwise. This will maximize the spiral effect.
- Glue parts into backing.
- Glue “letters” into hearts.
Here’s a tip: If you heart spirals are catching, try shaving some material off the bottom and tops of each “heart” in the spiral. This will give each heart more room to move.