In this tutorial, I will show you how to make a wedding pop up card or wedding invitation pop up card. The wedding pop up card template is also provided below. This card is a simple wedding card you can make to give to a wedding couple or make as a wedding couple to give out as invitations. This is the Linked Rings design:
These instructions will allow you to make either a basic wedding card version, or the wedding invitation version. Here is a video of the tutorial:
Here is the transcript of the video. Detailed instructions are listed below:
- Purchase the template for this design here: Wedding Pop Up Card Linked Rings Template.
- Print out the template.
- Highlight where you will want to score or fold the card for reference.
- Cut out the inside card. To make the card more personal or customized, you can add the wedding couple’s names or initials in the rings.
- Assemble the rings by folding the rings upwards. Feed the ring without the diamond through the ring with the diamond.
- Match the two slots on the rings together. The slots keep the rings centered Here is what the slots look like before and after assembly:
- Now that it’s assembled, fold the card in half making sure it folds flat.
- Use a piece of tape to secure loose leg of the ring (without a diamond). You may also choose to glue this to the backing after you assemble the entire card together.
- Cut out the backing from the template. I’ve included a complex and a simple version. The simple version has a lower number of facets in the corner diamonds. If you want to use a ribbon, then cut out the 2 slits on the sides. The ribbon I made the slits for is 5/8th inch wide. If you want to use a larger ribbon, then make the slits longer.
- If you are going to use ribbon, then feed the ribbon through the card and tie a bow on the outside.
- To assemble the card, simply slip the inside of the card into the corner diamond cutouts. If you want to glue the inside card to the backing, then only glue the top half. This will still allow the inside card to shift when you fold the card. If you glue both halves, then the card will not fold flat.
- For the invitation version cut out the 2 small boxes from the template. This will be the frame for your wording.
- Then, print out your wording in 2 sections that are 1 ¾ ” by 1 ½ “. Printed the words out in different sizes so you can find the right size to fit the frame correctly. In one box write the intro, such as, “We request the pleasure of your company at the celebration of our union.” In the second box, print the location.
- Glue the words and frames into the card alongside the silhouette of the rings. This is an easy way to add wording to your card without having to print directly on the cardstock of the card.
- Then glue in the date on the ribbon and the time in the bottom silhouette of the ring. You may chose to put other items in the silhouette of the rings. The card is now finished
If you are making this card by hand, and not with a cutting machine, then you may want to simplify the design by not cutting the facets of the diamond or other intricate details.