Valentine’s day is just around the corner. Here is the tutorial for the Lovebirds Pop Up card. Like the other Valentine’s day cards, this card can also be used for a birthday pop up card for a loved one. With a little imagination, you could also make a Christmas, baby shower, or wedding pop up card by changing what items you put in the dove’s beaks. For those of you who have been waiting for this tutorial, I hope you are able to make this card before Valentine’s day. Here is the video:
Again, here is what the final card looks like:
Here is a summary of the instructions:
- Purchase the template for this design here: Valentine’s Day Pop Up Card: Lovebirds.
- Cut out the birds making sure you do not cut the areas where you need to score (dotted line)
- Cut out the 2 tails, which you will glue on later.
- Fold the bird bodies and the wings upwards as shown below.
- Fold the tails down the center, then the tabs outwards as shown below.
- Glue the bodies of the birds together, making sure not to glue the heads. You will put the hearts between the beaks later. Make sure the card folds flat.
- Cut out 2 card covers (shown in pink) 6.25″ x 4.5″.
- Glue the card covers to the backside of the card. Make sure you align the cards precisely to the center fold. Make sure that the card opens and closes flat.
- Glue the tails behind the birds using the small folded flaps as shown below.
Cut out the items you want the birds to hold in their beaks. Here are some ideas:
- I -heart- U
- Two hearts
- An arrow and a heart
- Your names with a heart in between
- Your initials
Other meaningful items that pertain to the person you are giving the card to
- Place the items in the bird’s beaks and open and close the card to make sure you are happy with the way the card looks.
- Glue the items to the bird’s beaks.
Here is what the card looks like with the 4 different variations included in the template:
You can use your creativity to customize this card for many occasions.