Here is my first attempt at a pop up card tutorial. I apologize in advance for my poor video editing.
This card is fairly easy to make. If you prefer to skip the video, here are some simple steps to make this card:
- Purchase the template for this design here: Christmas Pop Up Card: Simple Pyramid Tree.
- Print out the template and tape the template to the cardstock you want to make the card out of.
- Highlight the lines that represent folds. These are the dotted lines. This will help you to prevent accidentally cutting the areas you are supposed to fold.
- Score the areas that will be folded. Cut through the template and partially through the cardstock. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Check the back of the card to make sure you didn’t cut all the way through.
- Cut the rest of the card out.
- Fold at the areas you scored.
- Apply glue to the tabs and attach the ends of the tree branches together.
If this card was too easy to make, then check out my next few posts which will detail how to make the full Pyramid Tree pop up card.